Pass the Court Reporter Test
“What is said over and over again with emotion becomes your belief system.”
“What you say to yourself, about yourself in private, is what you’ll become.”
“What is expected tends to be realized.”
Hypnosis is a natural state of mind that can occur spontaneously such as when you miss your freeway exit because you weren’t paying attention.
Surprisingly for a natural state, there are many myths people believe. Did you know that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis? That the consciousness never disappears, it just moves aside? That when you are in a hypnotic state you are not asleep? (in fact you are more aware than ever.) That you don’t go under hypnosis and no one else can control you?
So what are some other pluses hypnosis affords?
- Hypnosis lets you experience mental, physical and emotional relaxation. There is a feeling of euphoria because you are in a healing mode.
- While stress depletes your immune system, hypnosis creates immune-enhancing hormones.
- All five physical senses are heightened.
- You become receptive to changing your behavior.
- You can be unfazed by noises and other external stimuli.
- A past event can be recalled so vividly that it seems real.
- There is no spell to be broken. If you don’t like what you hear or the hypnotist, you can just open your eyes and end the session.