I’m Marie Lenay Rogus. My best friend and I made up “Lenay” as a good acting name when we were on the beach when I was 21 years old. Marie Penovich just didn’t sound right and neither did Maria Penn, so Lenay Wheldon was born. Wheldon went by the wayside but Lenay just stuck. It took a while before my good friends called me Lenay. Some close friends still call me Marie, and my family calls me Cookie. One of my friends calls me Marie Lenay Cookie just for fun. It’s all good. And my best friend calls me “Queenie.” Go figure.
My career path began in Hollywood working with writers, producers and directors then as a production coordinator working on such movies as Rocky II, Raging Bull and Myra Breckenridge, and then as a paralegal doing screen credits and music clearance. During those years I did musical comedy throughout southern California at prisons, military bases, hospitals and of course Hollywood on the weekends.
After I married, my husband and I started up an electronics firm, a corporation we ran for 13 years, then sold the company. I’ve always liked the unknown and was attracted to Science of Mind and hypnosis. So I became a Clinical Hypnotherapist and helped people with pain in both the body and mind. Then life stepped in and I lost seven people I loved. I wrote Grief Comfort Guide to help others walking through the terrible and unbearable corridor of grief. I hope that by sharing my journey those grieving will find something that helps them.
Grief Comfort Guide is both a memoir and a way to help others cope with the loss of a child, death of a spouse, sibling or parent. It’s my story about how I came through each loss. Hopefully by my example people will see they can heal and be whole again.
Most recently I’ve been learning to blog, do Search Engine Optimization, master Twitter and Facebook and create my book trailer and narrate an Audible version Grief Comfort Guide. Lots of work but fun and interesting. I’ve listened to so many Audible books now that I think I’ve mastered a British accent.
- Marie Lenay Rogus is a Master Hypnotist/Hypnotherapist, Certified in Clinical Hypnosis since 1995
- Board Certified by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE) as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. ACHE certifies for 300 hours of training.
- Lenay has been an Indiana State Licensed Hypnotist #38000051A (Indiana was the only state to license Hypnotists until 2010.)
- Trained in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) through Gary Craig
- Certified, Stress Management Consultant
Certified in Hypno-Anesthesia
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) trained with Gary Rodriguez for nine months
- Certified HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator (HBCE) since 2000
Doula Training, Member of DONA
- Member of National Guild of Hypnotists –
Certified as a Complementary Medical Hypnotist – Trained by Scot Giles, Ph.D.
- San Diego Hospice Trained Bereavement Group Facilitator and Caller
- Trained as a Professional Stage Hypnotist and Voice Over Actor
- Marie Lenay Qualified as a Religious Science Practitioner in 1976 and completed a two-year doctorate-level philosophy Course in Mastery by Michael Valente, Ph.D.