The one constant thing in my life is my ever-present need to learn new things and share my expertise with others.
For example, my career path began in Hollywood working with writers, producers and directors then as a production coordinator working on such movies as Rocky II, Raging Bull and Myra Breckenridge, and then as a paralegal doing screen credits and music clearance.
Although my show business streak continues to be present in my role as a voiceover actor I moved on to other pursuits such as co-founding an electronics firm with my husband John and moving to beautiful San Diego. When we sold the firm after thirteen years, I was strongly motivated toward the area of wellness and became a clinical hypnotherapist where I wrote and produced hypnosis CD’s and downloads and taught over 400 classes in HypnoBirthing, thencreated my own EZ Birth class for women who want the relaxation of hypnosis but still want an epidural. I now prefer to use the process of EFT to help people release their trauma since it is much faster than hypnosis.
Grief Comfort Guide is a handbook to help cope with the loss of a child, a spouse, sibling or parent. It also helps cope with the grief from a divorce or terminal illness.
More recently, I have expanded my expertise to include writing Grief Comfort Guide: A Personal Journey from Loss to Light and speaking to groups about getting through grief and celebrating the lives of those who have gone.
- Master Hypnotist/Hypnotherapist, Certified in Clinical Hypnosis since 1995
- Board Certified by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE) as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. ACHE certifies for 300 hours of training.
- Lenay has been an Indiana State Licensed Hypnotist #38000051A (Indiana was the only state to license Hypnotists until 2010.)
- Trained in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) through Gary Craig
- Certified, Stress Management Consultant
Certified in Hypno-Anesthesia
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) trained with Gary Rodriguez for nine months
- Certified HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator (HBCE) since 2000
Doula Training, Member of DONA
- Member of National Guild of Hypnotists –
Certified as a Complementary Medical Hypnotist – Trained by Scot Giles, Ph.D.
- San Diego Hospice Trained Bereavement Group Facilitator and Caller
- Trained as a Professional Stage Hypnotist and Voice Over Actor
- Qualified as a Religious Science Practitioner in 1976 and completed a two-year doctorate-level philosophy Course in Mastery by Michael Valente, Ph.D.